2825 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85716
Phone: 520.298.0005 or 520.326.2626
There are different types of lasers and ways of using these lasers to treat common skin issues. Some of the options are listed below:
• Pigmented Lesions: sun spots, age spots melasma and other forms of hyperpigmentation are treated with pulsed dye, Nd:YAG and fractional (Fraxel) lasers, along with non-laser, light-based treatments, such as IPL.
• Precancerous Lesions: Ablative lasers, such as the CO2 and erbium:YAG, are generally chosen to remove these lesions.
• Vascular Lesions: Vascular lesions include broken blood vessels on the face, unsightly veins on the legs, spider nevi, hemangiomas and certain birth marks such as port wine stains. Nd:YAG and diode lasers are used to treat these lesions.
• Tattoos: The CO2 laser and Nd:YAG are the most popular choice for tattoo removal.
•Hair Removal: The success and safety of laser hair removal is highly dependent on the pigment present in both the skin and the hair of the patient being treated.
• For darker-skinned patients, the Nd:YAG and diode lasers are often the lasers of choice. For lighter-skinned patients, IPL has proven most effective.
• Acne and Acne Scars: For deeper acne scars, the CO2 laser remains the gold standard, although more recent developments such as the erbium:YAG, fractional laser (Fraxel) and certain nonablative lasers have shown considerable success on more superficial acne scarring. For the treatment of active acne, LED technology is the best.